Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yes, Za Really Is A Word

I don't know about all of you, but I love scrabble.

It's been one of my favorite games since I was around seven years old when my grandad taught me how to play. Naturally, when I found out there was an online version I jumped on it. You can download it here.

There is only one problem. It's a trial version so after an hour or so of continuous game play, it only allows you to play in increments of 5 minutes before kicking you out and making you re-open the program. BUT, it saves all of your information from the previous game.

So, rather than forking out the $19.99, I've decided to play it in 5 minute increments and just log in again when it boots me off. Hey, it's FREE!

Another great option is a game called Literati. It's a Yahoo game available here. You do have to have a yahoo account to use it, but if you are into Scrabble it has very similar gameplay and there is always someone online willing to challenge you. You can choose to play without a time limit, or you can set a custom time limit. It's always been a top 20 game on Yahoo and for good reason - it's very cool.
SO, that's all for today... although I'm still waiting for my first followers... Oh, and according to scrabble, za is a word. I'm out - YCC

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm just a young guy, working hard (but not too hard) as a full-time teacher. I survived college without accumulating a penny of debt and have a decent nest egg saved up for retirement. Like my father and grandfather before me, I've been raised to earn, save, and spend wisely. I'm always on the look out for bargains, deals, promotions, financial tips and advice, economic news and anything else related to money. My goal is to let you in on everything that has served me well over the years financially, as well as all of my latest money discoveries. Enjoy!
Got a question for me? An idea for a blog entry? Shoot me an email at youngcashcow(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll be sure to respond asap!