Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Love My Library Card

So, today's post is going to cover something extremely simple. Do you want an easy way to save money?

Stop Buying Movies, Books, Magazines and Music!

Instead, go to your local library and check out any one of those items for FREE. Books are dang expensive, especially if you go to high end places like Borders or Barnes & Noble. Even on eBay and amazon you won't be able to beat the free nature of your local library. Cds, even used, cost a pretty penny.

Most libraries let you check out books or CDs for 3-4 weeks, which is plenty of time to read the book or listen to the cd. I even know some people who rip the cds to their iPods (I'm not endorsing that... I'm just saying...).

We all know how expensive DVDs can be and magazine subscriptions can also take a hearty chunk out of your bottom line. So, if you haven't been to the library in awhile, dust off your library card and head over there. You'll be surprised how up-to-date they are with new material.

If you're feeling a bit sentimental, check it this old Sesame Street video which documents the Cookie Monster's trip to the Library.

Oh, and I'd really like to see who my first followers are. I just added the following widget today. So, if you like what you are seeing so far (and I can promise you it will get better), then start following my blog. I'm out - YCC

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm just a young guy, working hard (but not too hard) as a full-time teacher. I survived college without accumulating a penny of debt and have a decent nest egg saved up for retirement. Like my father and grandfather before me, I've been raised to earn, save, and spend wisely. I'm always on the look out for bargains, deals, promotions, financial tips and advice, economic news and anything else related to money. My goal is to let you in on everything that has served me well over the years financially, as well as all of my latest money discoveries. Enjoy!
Got a question for me? An idea for a blog entry? Shoot me an email at youngcashcow(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll be sure to respond asap!